Sunday, March 24, 2013

Vintage Rolling Pins Display

This is another idea I got from my favorite blog, The Inspired Room, click HERE to see the post. 
Here is my inspiration pic...
First, I got the beadboard from my local Ace Hardware and cut it to 2'x2.5'. I also cut a 2'x2.5' 
piece of plywood for strength and used Liquid Nails to secure the 2 boards together. 
Next, my grandpa and I cut the pegs on the band saw and put the holes in the board.  
I painted the pegs and used Liquid Nails to secure them into their holes. 
Then, I did some sanding on the edges of the board and the pegs, stained the sanded parts with my handy-dandy Stain Marker, and went over both the board and pegs with a thin coat of glaze.
Last, I screwed 4 large screws through the board and into the wall on the 4 corners to hang it. 
Rolling Pin Collection: I started out with the one with red handles and the one with 
light teal handles. I believe they were both my great-grandmother's. My grandmother 
gave me the marble one (very heavy) which I love. I bought the hand-carved one on the 
top and the big one on the very bottom (which I was told is very old). 
I am now a lover of old rolling pins and my collection has grown to 11...

My Materials List:
5 vintage/antique rolling pins
beadboard 2x2.5'
plywood 2x2.5'
pegs - Hobby Lobby or online 
paint - Antique White Benjamin Moore
Minwax Wood Finish Stain Marker (I used Provincial)
Glaze - Ace Artistic Finishes 10 shots Raw Umber
Drill, 4 long screws, screwdriver
;) Mimi

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to plan on doing this with my old rolling pins :o)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips