Sunday, January 20, 2013

Extra bedroom makeover begins

Hello, My Name Is...OCD   You may have already guessed, but when I start something I have a hard time stopping and I tend to obsess over it until (in my crazy brain) it is perfection.

So, I have been wanting to paint my extra bedroom for a while; however, with my sister and future bubba-in-law buying their new house my free time/weekends have been used up. Anyway, since I don't have school (teacher) on Monday I thought this weekend was perfect.

When I bought and moved in this house Mar. 2011 my mom and I killed ourselves scraping the ceilings in master bdrm, entry hall, living rm, dining rm, and kitchen...and could not do anymore. So, my 2 small extra bedrooms and extra bath. were left with nasty ceilings (house had been smoked in)

I decided that I wanted to scrape the bedroom ceiling so it would look nicer and "just be done"...Which turned into also scraping the hallway and extra bathroom. So today starting at 9AM my sweet momma and I started and went pretty much non-stop until about 6PM. I scraped and she painted ceilings. Here is the paint color I chose...Benjamin Moore Caribbean Teal...I had them lighten the color by %25.
This is how I looked today after my scraping fun...
Should've gotten a better shot of my hair, it was pretty.
Star says, "All this work is exhausting, I'm going to bed!"
Check back soon for the "After" pics!!!
;) Mimi

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Looks like TONS of work! Can't wait to see the finished product!! Great color, too!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips