Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shabby 1920s dresser w/ mirror

We found this old gem at one of our favorite consignment/junktique stores in Abilene, Tx. I didn't buy this dresser for a specific purpose; just knew that it was too cute to pass up.


It has ended up in my sister's new extra bedroom and I think it will look great in there once the room is finished. I love the original beveled mirror, keyholes, and casters. When I bought it the woman said she thought it was made in the 1920s and the casters are wooden.
I bought these new white ceramic knobs at Hobby Lobby to brighten it up a bit.
This is the only before picture I have...(right of the table) 
Color: Benjamin Moore Trout Gray
Distressed by hand sanding
Glaze: Ace Artistic Finishes, 2 coats
2 coats Minwax Wipe On Poly
;) Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips