Saturday, March 30, 2013

Old Cabinet Make-over

I found this old hand made cabinet at a local junktique store and thought 
I could do something cute with it...
Before Pics:
The original paint is bumpy, like tiny balls (hmm)
I gave the whole thing two coats of antique white paint before I went on with Benjamin Moore Trout Gray. Then I sanded the edges and all over to give it a very distressed look. I like how the original bumpy paint came through when I sanded it. I rubbed my go-to glaze all over it to dull the paint and make it look older. 
I topped it off with a cute antique glass knob I already had.
It is currently residing in my entry hall; but will likely move to the back porch soon.
paint: Benjamin Moore Trout Gray
glaze: Ace Artistic Finishes glaze (10 shots of Raw Umber)
antique glass knob
;) Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips