Thursday, January 17, 2013

Antique window turned cabinet

We have a wonderful old (built in 1912) Coca-Cola building in town that is now an antiques and Mexican imports store. A man who works there made these shelf cabinets out of the building's original windows and latches. Of course I loved the history behind the window and also thought the size would be great for my bedroom.
 The new wood used just didn't "gel" (as my dad would say) with the antique window so I made up my mind to paint it. I used about 1/2 charcoal paint and 1/2 clear glaze. I wanted to keep the wood grain showing and wanted it to look more like a stain than a paint.
I have worked on filling it with trinkets and such that are light in color or bright so they will stand out against the dark background. 4 long screws through the wood and into the wall to mount
Paint color: charcoal
Glaze: Clear Benjamin Moore
;) Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips