Friday, January 11, 2013

Vintage desk

My mother and I found this cute little desk at a local consignment shop. It is now in my sister and (soon to be) brother-in-law's new house.
I painted it Wythe Blue and distressed it to rev it up a little bit. Knobs are from Hobby Lobby.

Color: Benjamin Moore Wythe Blue
Sanded by hand to emulate wear 
Glaze: Clear Ben. Moore
2 coats Minwax Rub-On Poly
Side Note...
I was introduced to this beautiful color, Wythe Blue, when I bought a chest from a great store in Abilene, Tx called The Furniture Junk-It... The Furniture Junk-It  I absolutely love the chest I got there and have gotten tons of compliments on it... (picture following)
My chest from The Furniture Junk-It
Since then, I love using Wythe Blue on my projects. It is a Benjamin Moore Historical Color so it looks great on antique/vintage pieces.
*When I go shopping for a new paint color I always start in the Benjamin Moore Historical Colors because they usually work best for my look.
;) Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips