Thursday, February 21, 2013

Decorating with Vintage Books

Old books have become a decorating favorite of mine and I have them all throughout my house. They add a vintage homey feel, pops of color, and history to my home. I (obviously) have a love for things that are old; so finding a book that is from the early 1900s is very exciting to me. Most of my old books are from my grandparents' houses and some are from antique/consignment stores in Abilene.

The Mother Goose book on the left is my Granddaddy's (1931) and the 
Story Book on the right is my Dad and aunt's (1950). The books in the middle 
are my other grandfather's books from when he was growing up.

I am a major book lover and always have been. I love having my "old friends" to look at, re-read,  and rearrange from time to time. (Which is why I have a love/hate relationship with Kindle for IPad. Downloading my new book instantly is amazing...But, if I love the book I want it on
my bookshelf not hiding on my IPad!) 
;) Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips