Friday, February 8, 2013

Headboard Re-Do

Before:
A neighbor made this headboard for me years ago out of an old door and fence posts. The color was way too close to the wall color in my bedroom; so I have been planning to paint it for a while.
I decided on Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal to give it a rich gray color that would compliment my bedding and the wall color. After 2 coats of paint I went back in the cracks and crevases with my handy-dandy Minwax Wood Finish Stain Marker (in Golden Oak).
Then, I tried something new (sort of)... I used the spray on version of the Minwax Poly I always use... It was so quick and easy and I will definitely be using it again...Especially on large pieces or things like chairs that are annoying to do. 
Color: Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal
Glaze/Stain: Minwax Wood Finish Stain Marker in Golden Oak
2 coats of Spray-On Minwax Poly
;) Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips