Sunday, February 10, 2013

Vintage Mirror

I found this vintage mirror at a consignment shop in Abilene, Tx. I've had it for months just thinking about what I wanted to do with it and where to put it. 
I was "color inspired" by a chair that was my great-grandmother's (1940s) and my grandmother recovered in 1968. I wanted a true vintage chartreuse and I chose Benjamin Moore Meadow View.
 
I primed the mirror with Zinssers (so I didn't have to sand it), then painted. I sanded it by hand just a bit on the edges to give it a bit of distress. I also used a Minwax Wood Finish Stain Marker (Golden Oak) in the crevases. Finally, I sprayed on a coat of poly. 
Color: Benjamin Moore Meadow View
Stained: in crevases with Minwax Wood Finish Stain Marker 
(in Golden Oak)
Coat of Spray on Poly
;) Mimi

1 comment:

Blogging tips